Monday, January 08, 2007

Blog Slacker that I am...

I've been feeling extreamely overwhelmed lately. I decided to take an end of the year break and recover from the holiday insanity and get a little time for fiber play- however life at home has been way more demanding and is starting to make me very cranky. At this point I'm looking forward to getting back to work so that I can take a break. I've been struggling to squeeze in some creative work with very little success. I did manage to get a yarn submitted for KnitKnit 7, which has me thrilled beyond belief, but out of courtesy will wait until it is published before posting pictures to my blog.

Current project in the works: Steve Irwin tribute yarn. This is a project I have been wanting to do since hearing about his death. The yarn will be entered in the 2007 Bothwell SpinIn Amazing Yarn competion in Tasmania Austrialia. I think that this is the perfect place for this yarn to go- my original intentions were to auction it on ebay. They have agreed to auction it and donate the proceeds to his wildlife foundation. I've got most of the materials prepped and will start spinning it this week. Deadline to get it there is January 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment