Sunday, September 11, 2005

Felting Fetish


Felting is definately one of my favorite mediums for artistic expression. I created this peice, "Otter in the Water" last April for our annual Whale Festival art show. It later sold in May to a private party. It was a little hard to part with- harder than I originally thought it would be.

The real reward came about 2 weeks later... someone from the aquisitions committe of our local historical society came in looking to buy it for the museum. I was floored, and flattered... and a little bummed that it had already sold.

They said they would be keeping an eye out for future peices by me, but I don't think they will be too intrested the work I'm doing at the minute. It's a bit abstract, but very fun! I'm finishing up a tentacle basket at the moment, and have backgrounds finished for two more wall hangings that will feature whimisical renderings of flat fish. I have lots of ideas for more realistic renderings of Alaskan wildlife, so will have to keep sketching ideas into my book until I have the time and inspiration to manifest them.

No comments:

Post a Comment