Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Rookery



Here's another peek at my shop The Rookery. I still need to take a photo of the yarn shelf- lots of little cubbies full of bliss! The shop has really started to fill out since I opened last December. Seems like every penny I make goes right back into the store and to paying down my debts. Looking forward to having a little help this fall/winter with Saturdays though, as I run the shop myself and have two kids that are with me at the shop all day. Since I can't afford to pay an employee right now, I have run the idea of "Will Work for Yarn" by local knitters and now have someone lined up to start in October. I'm discovering that it is quite a challenge making a business work in a small island community. My client base is very limited... but who said I was in it for the money? Passion... now there's a payoff!

No comments:

Post a Comment